Start off spring right – and save some money – by organizing your Google Drive and Gmail! These services are part of Google’s most popular programs, but you only get 15GB of storage space to use all together, which can fill up in no time. If this happens, Google might offer to let you buy more storage – but you can manage it for free instead and keep those coins in your pocket!
If you want to make more space on your Google Drive and Gmail without having to pay money, here’s how. It’s easier to do this on a computer rather than your phone. Doing it on your desktop will let you organize and manage files better.
“Clear Up Space on Google Drive and Gmail with Just 1 or 2 Bigger Files!”
If you need to get some free space on Google Drive and Gmail, instead of deleting a bunch of tiny things, try sorting each service by file size and just delete 1 or 2 bigger files.
Clear Out Your Google Drive Quickly and Easily!
1. Sign in to your Google Drive account.
2. Once you’re in, click the Storage button on the left side of the screen.
3. On this page, your files should be listed from biggest to smallest, but if not, just click “Storage Used” on the right side of the screen and all the files will be ordered as such.
4. Select any large files that you want to delete by clicking them, then hit the trash bin in the top right corner or drag those files over to Trash on the left side of your screen.
1. Go to the Trash menu by clicking Trash.
2. In the top-right corner, click Empty Trash.
3. Lastly, select Delete forever and your files will be gone.
Clear Space and Make Your Gmail Tidy with a Few Simple Steps
1. Open the Google Drive app and log in.
2. Tap Files in the bottom-right corner of your phone’s or tablet’s screen.
3. Tap Name, which is located near the top part under My Drive area.
4. Tap Storage Used – this will show you a list of your files from biggest to smallest size.
5. Tap the three dots (…) which appear on the right side of any item that you want to delete.
6. Tap Remove to confirm deleting it for good.
7. Click on the hamburger icon at the top left part of your screen beside Search in Drive & select Trash option afterwards to be sure that the file was permenantly deleted from your device storage device & google drive permanently .
8. All done!
To clear some space and make your Gmail tidy, you can do the following:
1. Tap the three small dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Tap “Empty Trash”.
There you go, now you have more room in your Gmail account!
Easily Search & Delete Large Attachments in Gmail!
1. Go to your Gmail account.
2. Type “has:attachment larger:10MB” into the search bar and press enter. This will show you all emails with an attachment bigger than 10 MB, from biggest to smallest. You can also use the same filter for other sizes of files instead of just 10 MBs.
3. Tick off the boxes next to each email that you want to delete, then click on the Trash icon in the corner at the top-right side of your screen.
1. On your screen, click on the Trash icon in the menu section on the left side. If you can’t find it, look for a “More” button and when you open up that menu you should see Trash there!
2. When you are on the Trash page, click “Empty Trash Now” located at the top of your screen.
Easily Delete Large Emails from your Gmail App with these Simple Steps!
1. Open the Gmail app and enter your login details.
2. Search for something like “has:attachment larger:10MB” to see emails with attachments bigger than 10MB, from largest to smallest. You can search this way for different size files as well.
3. Tap into the email you want to delete.
4. Find the trash bin icon at the top-right corner of your screen and tap it.
5. Then press the < symbol located on the far left side of your screen.
1. Look to the left side at the top of your screen, you will see a hamburger icon next to Search in mail.
2. Click on the ‘Trash’ option that is appearing on your screen when you click on the hamburger icon.
3. Click on “Empty trash now” option which is available under Trash.
Note: Any file sent to Trash will be automatically deleted after 30 days, so watch out for that!
“Make Room in Your Email
Don’t forget to empty your spam folder – it can take up lots of space in your Gmail account. To make sure you don’t run out of room, clear out your junk mail (as well as folders for social media and promotions). It’s an easy way to free up space!
Get Rid of Your Spam Easily with Gmail!
1. Login to your Gmail account.
2. After logging in, look at the left side of the page for “Spam”. If it doesn’t appear there, click “More” and you’ll be able to find it there.
3. In the Spam folder, hit the button that says “Delete all spam messages now” to remove them from your inbox.
Keep Your Gmail Inbox Tidy
1. Full open the Gmail app and type in your username and password to login.
2. Look for a icon that looks like hamburger in the upper left corner side by side to the “Search in mail”.
3. Tap on the Spam folder.
4. Then click on either Delete all spam messages now or Empty spam now depending which one you want to choose.
Don’t let spams ruin your Gmail experience!
Maximize Your Google Storage Space
Google gives you 15GB of free storage, including the Google Photos storage. While photos and videos take up more space than text files, there’s no option to sort them from largest to smallest like in Google Drive and Gmail. So, it’s best to delete old pictures and videos you don’t need anymore if you want more free storage space.
Step-By-Step Guide for Completely Removing Photos and Videos from Google Photos!
1. Log on to Google Photos.
2. Hover over all the photos and videos you want to get rid of and tap the small gray checkmark icon at the top left side of them.
3. Tap on the trash can icon at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Select “Move to Trash” option.
5. Go to the “Trash” section which is located on left-hand side of your screen.
6. Press “Empty Trash” button near the top-right corner of your screen
7. Finally, press Empty trash again and that’s it – you’re done!
Learn How to Easily and Quickly Delete Photos and Videos from Google Photos!
1. Log into Google Photos.
2. Choose the photo or video you want to delete.
3. Tap the trash icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Tap “Delete” on the bottom left side of your screen and confirm it again when asked for confirmation.
5. Go back to the main page and tap “Library” which is on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
6. Select “Trash”.
7. Tap three dots (…) at the top-right corner of your screen, then choose “Empty Trash” from there.
8. Confirm it by tapping “Delete” then you are good to go!
9. After 60 days, all deleted photos/videos will be deleted automatically so you don’t need to worry about cleaning up after that period!
The pictures and videos that you save on Google Photos can take up a lot of space in your device.
Clear Out Your Google Storage Easily –
If your Google Drive, Gmail, or Google Photos are full and you don’t want to delete anything, you can just download all the items and save them straight onto your computer.
Quickly Download Files from Google Drive to Your Computer!
1. Log into your Google Drive account on your computer.
2. Choose the files you want to get.
3. Tap the three dots that are stacked in the top right part of the screen.
4. Press “Download”.
5. After you get all the items, feel free to delete them from your Google Drive.
Save Important Emails Effortlessly with Gmail Digital Download!
1. Sign into your Gmail account on your computer.
2. Click and open the email you want to save.
3. Click the 3-lined button beside the date of the mail.
4. Select ‘Download Message.’
5. After downloading, you can delete the email from your Gmail inbox.
How to Download Photos and Videos from Gmail to Google Photos
1. Log in to your Gmail account on a computer.
2. Select one of the photos or videos you would like to save.
3. Search for the three vertical dots (known as ‘stacked dots’) on the top right side of the screen and click it.
4. Then, hit ‘Download’ button.
5. After saving all the items that you want, you can delete those items within Google Photos.
If you want to know more tips and tools about Gmail, Google Drive and Photos, there are 10 tips for Gmail use, 9 features offered by Google Drive, and 5 features available from Google Photos that you can check out!